Saturday, September 3, 2011

Something to remember :)

  Today I met a young man, a waiter at Ihop and he had UMA, it is very rare to find someone with Microtia so when I see someone I want to talk to them. I spoke to him and asked him about his ear and let him know my 2 daughters I was with also has little ears (one with UMA and one with BMA). He was very sweet and asked what the name was called, I told him microtia and atresia. It was very interesting he didn't know the name. He also mentioned he is totally okay with his little ear. I was very proud to meet him and introduce my daughters to someone else who also has microtia. It was really cool! It makes me very proud of my girls, and again completly okay with their beautiful special little ears! I would change nothing!

So I wrote the above paragraph on FB on a Microtia support group and this is what was commented back. It brought tears to my eyes and I want to remember this:
 
  Kristina, thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. Isn't it always such a wonderful feeling to meet someone else with M/A? It brings a tear to my eyes, how many times I hear that no one (out of all of the doctors seen throughout... a life time) that no one ever told some of our Microtia friends why they have little ears and that there is a name for it. I love hearing about these chance meetings all of the time because it is not like we see someone else with M/A every weekend. I can sense the pride in you and in your daughters and in him. Good for you guys and so many of our members in our group who are "proud" of their little ears. It is really cool and it is a wonderful feeling to meet as someone with the same anything in common because you can not help that connection. So happy for you. I am still glowing from a couple of weekends ago when my family and my Ally met Justin. :-)

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how we always have a instant connection with someone when we can share a similar past. That is great that you meet someone on your everyday life with a similar issue. I always forget that your daughters have a struggle they are so perfect to me that I never think they may have a hard time with anything in life. I guess the one thing that I can say is that they are proud and brave and I don't think anything will ever stop them. They are the two funniest, smartest and brightest stars I have ever seen. You should not worry (I know that's what mother's do) about them!!!
    -Rebekah Lynn

    ReplyDelete